efs2 stops plotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• efs2 stops plotting

Ive turned my machine on this morning and tried to display this attached chart with a custom cci efs, set to 1min and it only goes back one day, Thee cci just plots a straight line back through the ten days

I rang support and they referred me to here, aftre we reset the charts, the support person was also able to replicate the problem on her pc.

can anyone help with a why how and a fix etc.

thanks
    Attached Files

biswar
    There are two ways you can resolve this. One is to add a setIntervalsBackfill(true) statement in preMain (by default this is set to false). What this will do is override the Time Template settings and force the efs to retrieve all the data for the external interval so as to backfill the chart. However you need to be careful with it because if you have for example a 60 minute chart set in the Time Template to load 120 days and your CCI is calculated using 1 minute data then it will load also all 120 days of 1 minute data which can take some time.
    The other solution (which I think is preferable) is to increase in the Time Template the number of days loaded for the external interval (in your case set it to 10)
    Alex

Comment

efs2 not plotting

Hi Thanks Alex

I will try that,

your other solution im not sure about

The other solution (which I think is preferable) is to increase in the Time Template the number of days loaded for the external interval (in your case set it to 10)

The timetemplate that im using is set to 10days(the one i have posted) so i do have ten days of bars, just not the indicator, Is this what you mean ?

thanks

Bob

Comment

biswar
        Post an image of the Time Template that is applied to the chart on which you are running the efs. Also post the efs so that I or someone else can try and replicate what you are seeing
        Alex

Comment

Hi

The customcci.efs is the script im using which is in standard formulas,

i made the change to the backfill parameter and it worked a treat.
          i have attached the timetemplate screen that im using,

if this timetemplate is right, then i guess im sorted as the backfill has worked.

thanks

bob
          Attached Files

Comment

biswar
            The 10 Days setting applies only to "T" intervals and not to any other interval. As of now your chart (and the efs) are set to Dynamic for any other interval which means that it will request only the data that would be necessary to fill a chart. If instead you define the interval itself as in the following image

then you will see that the CCI will compute across all 10 days (see image below where CCI is based on 1 min) and you do not need to use setIntervalsBackfill()
            Alex

Comment

Thanks for your patience alex,

Im sorted now.

Kind regards

Bob

Comment

Working...
              X