Can EFS be used to scan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can EFS be used to scan

I called tech support and they suggested posting here.
    I'm trying to find a way to compare intraday volume.
    The Leaders window shows todays biggest volume. I want to know which stocks have the biggest change in volume since yesterday. Can EFS be used to create such a list?

Hello pj909,

EFS has a symbol limit of 3, which will not make your request possible. Have you tried the eSignal Market Scanner?

Regards,
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

pj909
      FYI tomorrow's (April 15th) topic for eSignal's Chat meeting is on scanning.
      You may want to take this opportunity to chat with some of the eSignal people and see what solution they may have for you and also provide comments to them.
      Alex

Comment

Thasnk you all.
        I'm trying market scanner to see how that works for me. So far the results are OK. I would like a little more flexibility in setting the scanning criteria though.

Comment

I would like a little more flexibility in setting the scanning criteria though.
          Do you have any specifics? I too think a bit more flexibility would be nice, just wondering if out idea's line up.
          Garth

Comment

My trades generally are based on dollar size not unit size. So I would like to see:
            1) Avg $$$ Vol and be able to screen stocks based on Min Avg $$$ Vol (instead of Min Avg Vol).
            2) Also, why not be able to select Issues from more than 1 exchange? or be able to exlcude an exchange.
            3) Speaking of excluding items, how about, Issues Decling (or advancing) by more than x%.
            4) The ability to change the parameters for news search.
            5) And finally, it would be nice to have access to various technical indicators to use for screening. (i.e. overbought/oversold Stochastic, RSI, MACD, etc) Actually, any of the indicators available in the charting systems.

I'm still in my 30 day eval period and I've settled in on Power Scan as my main tool. PreMarket looks interesting too, but I SHOULD be able to get comparable info from Power scan.

Comment

You have some good idea here...

1) Avg $$$ Vol and be able to screen stocks based on Min Avg $$$ Vol (instead of Min Avg Vol).
              Of course you can sort by $vol, which isn't as good as screening, but does help as all the high $vol will be on one end and low on the other.

2) Also, why not be able to select Issues from more than 1 exchange? or be able to exlcude an exchange.
              In other words, instead of having the option "all stocks" or just NASDAQ or just NYSE why not have the ability to say "all stocks except AMEX", or just NYSE and NASDAQ. Good idea as it saves a step or two.

) And finally, it would be nice to have access to various technical indicators to use for screening. (i.e. overbought/oversold Stochastic, RSI, MACD, etc) Actually, any of the indicators available in the charting systems
              The AGET scanner has some of this; ADX, DMI, Ewave (of course), MACD, MA, Stochastic and XTL and PTI. It would be nice for people who don't care about the GET stuff (EW, XTL, PTI) to have a way to get at the generic indicators in a different package.

Of all this things you suggested, the indicators is the one I have thought of before, but you make good points. Why not allow simple logical opperator on all selections (NYSE & NASDAQ or NOT NYSE, or NOT $Vol more than X)? This would improve the value of the tool a lot.
              Garth

Comment

Working...
              X