No announcement yet.

reloadEFS() ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, I also find out that it is only in a renko chart.

I don´t think that the reason is something in the automatic.efs

For ex. if you try a normal SMA from the Basic Study Menue with the same settings (length 5, offset 3, simple) you get the same or better also a drift.

One thing is strangely when we included "ComputeOnClose" it is fixed in the automatic.efs, but only if one new bar appear, when the prices are growing faster and two three or more appear we have a drift!

So to find the clue may be in the correlation with the calculation between renko and the calculation of the SMA, may be a timing problem, when and how are the several parts from renko and the SMA calculated?

Peter

Comment

Peter,

I think you are right. I pointed out the bug with renko and reply to one of the developers once I found it, but it may be that the bug exists in RT also.

If you see the same drift with an SMA from the basic studies (that was the next thing I was going to look at as well), then clearly there is something wrong with the math that eSignal engine is doing for renko.

If any eSignal people are watching this thread, could you verify and fix?

Thanks,

Garth
      Garth

Comment

Yes, I also think that it is a bug in the e-signal math, I only found it in the Renko.

I hope also that somebody from e-signal read this and will reply, I have already asked this to e-signal but without response.

So we will see, however thanks for you efforts.

Peter

Comment

Hi,

I've been running renko charts these last few days with the settings you use (HL/2, .5 box size) on ES M3,3 and with a 5 SMA offset 3. I haven't noticed any drift while doing this, which you said you have seen in the past.

Could you retest and let me know what you see? I'm running build 578.

If there isn't any drift with the builtins, then this leads back to the efs.

G
          Garth

Comment

I´m running build 573, I will try to update to 578 and test again

Comment

Well, I´ve updated to 578, and tested again but the drift has already happened. (With efs and the builtin)

Could be that while you tested, only one or two bar appeared for each price changing, then you don´t have a drift!

It happens only when more then one bar appear!

Peter
              Last edited by mkm; 04-25-2003, 12:43 AM.

Comment

No, I ran them for most of, if not all of the days. Many, many bars were painted.

Hmm...OK, lets make sure we are talking the same language. I put on the MA right clicking in the chart and selecting basic studies->Moving Average and then making the settings.

Did you use an efs to put on the builtins?

I am also using a dynamic TT (not that I think that matters).

Garth
                Garth

Comment

Hi again,

was in holiday for some days.

About the MA we talk about the same,
                  I use the builtin MA in my formula, you have it !?
                  Or did I understand you wrong?

Have you seen now the same drift?

Comment

Hi,

The question I was trying to ask was this:

Using the Normal MA study formula (Basic Studies->Moving Average) do you see the drift, because I don't.

Garth
                    Garth

Comment

Yes, I use this (Basic Studies) and I have this drift
                      Are you sure you don´t have? Also if more then one bar appear in a second when the price moves fast?

Comment

Working...
                      X