plot not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plot not updating

I am attaching a file that illustrates a problem. I can't understand why it happens.
    I created this using the EFS wizzard hoping to eliminate any errors.
    Basically I wanted to plot a moving average of the CCI for the current bar value and the previous bar value.
    In use, the current bar plot updates without any problem but the previous bar plot stays static and only updates if the chart is refreshed.
    Is there something glaringly obvious that I am missing?
    Attached Files

travis

Basically I wanted to plot a moving average of the CCI for the current bar value and the previous bar value

Actually that is not what you are doing in the efs. You created two moving averages of the CCI both based on the current bar value except that one average is displaced backwards (ie. to the left) because you used a negative offset when you created the study.
    To do what you want you have two solutions. Either use a positive offset when creating the study (see image below) which will displace it forwards (ie. to the right) or better yet declare only one moving average of CCI and then in the Returned Data Points plot its current and prior values (see attached revision of your study). In this case because you are retrieving a past value you would be using a negative offset.
    Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, the mist has cleared!!

Comment

Working...
      X