Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXAMPLE: a new way to do high/Low of chart lines

Hi all,

When eMailing back and forth with Alex, it became clear that some of the things users wanted to do envolved a lot of efs coding for doing relatively simple things. One of the things mentioned was being able to get the highest high and lowest low of a chart displayed as a line that can be read in the curosr window.

He sent me an example that was very involved. It did a good job, but was many pages in length. Well it got me thinking about how I would do this, and so I wrote this EFS. It is still longer than I would like it to be for doing such a simple task, but is much shorter than the previous effort.

Note that this does use the dreaded reloadEFS(), so modify with caution.
    Attached Files
    Garth

Hi again,

Well, after doing the hilo formula it got me to thinking. Wouldn't this be a great way to do multiple interval formula's also? Well as it ends up locally defined globals don't survive a symbol or interval change, even though they do survive the reloadEFS command. So then, unwilling to admit defeat I went to universal globals, and those worked.

So here is a simpler way of applying the highs and lows of a higher interval on a lower interval chart. I think its kind of cool really, but then I am weird and get excited by stuff like this.

Read the instructions in the comments of the efs for this one.

Garth
    Attached Files
    Garth

Comment

Working...
    X