How to correct Pivot Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to correct Pivot Points

I had posted in the Data Inquiries section that the daily close of the AB on eSignal on 10/31 was 649.20, which Alex replied was because of month-end settlement.

The close that should be used to calc the pivot point was 643.10, so using the eSignal daily bar made the pivot calcs in pivotpointall2.efs incorrect.

How can this error be corrected? Can the .efs locate the close of the last intraday bar and use that value instead?

Genx
    Actually if one uses daily data to calculate the Pivots the Close should be that of the daily bar ie 649.20.
    Irrespective you can use the pivotpointsall2.efs available here which will allow you to calculate the Pivots also on specific intervals and in particular using an alternate Close value (to overcome this very specific instance). Look at the post prior to the one indicated by the link and it will show you how to do it.
    Alex

Comment

Alex,
      First off, the Pivot Points efs, is exactly what I was looking for, so thank you. However, I was wonderig if you would be able to help me or point me in the right direction. I attempted to add a audio alert if the pivot point is hit, but that ended up making it not work. I was wondering if you could help me out. Also, would there be some way to add a visual alert as well??

Thanks in advance,
      Nick
      " If a man didn't make mistakes he'd own the world in a month. But if he didn't profit from his mistakes, he wouldn't own a blessed thing."
      -Jesse Livermore

Comment

Nick
        In the efs declare a global variable (ie outside of function main) called for example LastRawtime ie

var LastRawtime;

Then in main just above the return statement add the conditions that will trigger the alerts and the relative commands to be executed as shown in the following image

For the parameters required by Alert.addToList() see this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X