Auto Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Trading

Could anyone shed any light on the following for me please.

I'm looking to fully auto trade a sim account via esignal and an EFS. This will only ever be a simulation and therefore doesn not need to worry about broker interfaces etc.

Ideally I need to port strategies to esignal (probably duplicate from scratch) and then fully auto trade them. Ideally I'd like to integrate these strategies with the ability to read their own performance criteria reports, most notable their own P&L/Equity Curve.

This autotrading needs to be real time.

Very simply, is this possible? Does Esignal have this capability?

Many thanks in advance, a quick question here may save me many hours of wasted trial and error.

Hello ognils,

Without any integration to a broker or paper broker, then yes this is possible. You would simply track all of your own positions etc with global variables or objects within your EFS code.

The performance criteria would also be maintained within your formula code as well. EFS also has File I/O capabilities, so you could write this information to text files for review.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

I appreciate the reply.

Just to clarify, most of the work would be down to me within the EFS to maintain trading records etc. I'd have to log each postion and collect and collate results within the programming capabilities of the EFS?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello ognils,

All of the work would be up to your EFS code since there will be no interaction with a broker interface.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Auto-trading..

O,

I've done alot of this and can assist you.

Does auto-trading need to be done in RT??

-- In most cases YES. But there are special circumstances that do not need to be done in RT. We can discuss your needs if you like.

Can you develop a simulated autotrade EFS??

-- Yes, there are a number of solutions to allow you to accomplish this. The easiest is using the esignal PaperTrader module or Dynaorder's PaperTrader feature.

Note: Dynaorder is no longer being supported, but I'm still using it and it works.

If you need help, please let me know. You can also search this forum for "auto-trade" or "Automation" for other posts that may help.

B
          Brad Matheny
          eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Thanks guys. Let me read up a bit more on what I think are the key components of what I NEED to do and what I MIGHT want to do.

Then I'll be back to ask a few more questions.
            Thx.

Comment

Working...
            X