Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't change the color in my EFS

Hello all,
    I modified the yoda pivots.efs. I added some 3 more major and minor support/resistance lines. The formulas work fine as I checked them manually. The problem I have come across is that even though I have the color set up at RGB, changing those numbers does not change the color when reloaded. Along those lines, I also can not change the type of line (ex/ dotted to solid). I tried everything I could think of, but I cant figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. I have also attached the efs below.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Last edited by Trader273; 11-27-2005, 05:02 PM.
    " If a man didn't make mistakes he'd own the world in a month. But if he didn't profit from his mistakes, he wouldn't own a blessed thing."
    -Jesse Livermore

I guess it would help if I actually attached the file.

-Nick
    Attached Files
    " If a man didn't make mistakes he'd own the world in a month. But if he didn't profit from his mistakes, he wouldn't own a blessed thing."
    -Jesse Livermore

Comment

Nick,

You are setting the DefaultBarStyle multiple times to the same line, specifically the very first one setDefaultBarStyle( PS_SOLID, 0 );. you need to associate each one to a different series, e.g. 0, 1, 2, 3, etc.

As far as changing the colors, are you referring to within the efs? In this efs, that is what you will have to do.

here is a snippet of what I did...

// R4.5
      setDefaultBarStyle(PS_DASH, 1);
      setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.RGB(15,105,240), 1);
      setDefaultBarThickness(2, 1);

and this worked fine for me. Notice they are all assigned to series 1.

regarding RGB values, here is a nice utility that copies the selected RGB value to the clipboard so you can paste it in your efs.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Steve,
        Yes that worked just as I wanted. Also, thanks for the RGB utility program. I just have one more question. On the attached efs, everything works fine except for thing. I get a value for every support and resistance level except for Resistance 3.5. I tried to fix it, but no luck. I think I'm might just be missing something simple since all of the other formulas work. Any ideas on what may be the problem will be appreciated.

Thanks
        Nick
        Attached Files
        -Jesse Livermore

Comment

Nick,

You are welcome. You problem is minor insomuch vlastPPR3_5 versus vLastPPR3_5 in line 278. There are also some issues with mixing up your setDefaultBarStyle numbers and some other minor stuff I am sure you will find tomorrow.

good luck!

Comment

Steve,
            Thanks for the help. I knew it had to be something small, just couldnt find it. The other little problems I'm not to concerned about as much since the pivot point and the associated support and resistance lines match up to the figures i did manually. Nonetheless, thanks for all your help.

-Nick
            -Jesse Livermore

Comment

Working...
            X