Variable opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variable opening

Any suggestions on how to create a variable for the opening so that I can choose the time for the opening bar?
    Attached Files

Hello astanton,

Sounds like you may need the solution as described by Alex in his post, Easy Pivots in EFS2. Review this post and if this does not help you, post more specific details as to what you would like to accomplish.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Variable opening

I followed the instructions to create a new time template but the pivot formula still picks up the official opening price rather than the opening price of the template. If I use WoodieCCItradingpanel.ach it has different pivots because it seems to use the template time and that is what I'd like the formula to do. Thanks, Andrew.

Comment

Variable opening

Finally got correct pivots!

Comment

data errors

So I've tried Alexis' efs2 version, which is nice and compact. But in my testing, have found that the daily h/l/c numbers returned are different from the numbers that can be observed on the 15 minute chart. As this does affect the final amounts, any idea what is causing this?

Is it best to manually determine h/l/c using arrays then?

Thanks
          Mark

Comment

Mark
            Please post a specific example (complete with symbol and intervals used) of where you have found these numbers to be different.
            Alex

Comment

Mark
              Following up on my prior reply if the 15 minute chart is based on RTH and you are trying to base the daily HLC on those times please read through the post for which Jason provided a link in his prior reply. In that post you will find an explanation of what is required to base the efs on RTH data only
              Alex

Comment

Forgive my stupidity, but what is "RTH"?

I'm trying to do pivots for the Forex, ie. 24 hr period, and adjust to recalculate during different times of the day.

Thanks

Comment

Mark
                  RTH stands for Regular Trading Hours.
                  If I understand correctly what you are trying to do ie base the Pivots on 24 hours with user defined Start/End times that efs is not the appropriate one to use. You will need to develop your own script in which you maintain the highest High and lowest Low values during the defined period and then use those to calculate the Pivots. Also try a search in the Bulletin Board as I believe someone else developed an efs that will do what you are looking for.
                  Alex

Comment

Further to this, on Jan 25, the high for the EURUSD pair was 2323 @04:55 EST. This showed fine on the 5 min through 240 min chart, but for 480 interval = 2309, and 720 interval = 2281.

I must be doing something wrong here....

Comment

Mark
                      See this thread which may explain what you are seeing and provide you with a solution
                      Alex

Comment

Working...
                      X