EFS to plot trade entry and exit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS to plot trade entry and exit?

Does anyone know of an EFS which would allow one to input a time and price, and a circle (or diamond or horizontal line) would be plotted on the chart?

Or perhaps if two times and prices were input, a line connecting those points would be plotted?

I am hoping such an EFS exists, to make analysing trades after the market close easier (than manually locating the entry and exits points and drawing a line segment between them)

Thanks
    shaeffer

shaeffer,

Here is a something that partially fits what you are describing. I hope it is of some help.

link

Comment

Thanks Steve,

Which value in which line sets the vertical spacing between the arrow, time and price in this efs? Mine overlap each other.

My initial thought is that by the time I've located the correct bar on the chart using time (as required both with this efs and my way), then just a little move up with the cursor to locate the price within that bar and I can flag the exact trade point with my Segment hotkey. But if I can adjust the vertical spacing, I'll try your efs again, as having time and price noted is slick

I've asked eSignal a dozen times for a Trade ID tool. Ideally it would plot a horizontal line to the right from the trade entry point, and also a line down thru any study windows underneath, so you could readily see if stochastics had turned down, or MACD had crossed 0 when you made the trade entry or exit. Maybe one day???

Thanks again
      shaeffer

Comment

How to do Horizontal lines

Maybe this will help with your horizonal lines. This is how I plot my HardStops and 2 Pricetargets values from efs generated trades. It draws horizontal lines, they jump up/down as their values change for each bar. Works on ver 7.8

PHP Code:
        function preMain() {

setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_FLATLINES4);

setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_FLATLINES5);

setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_FLATLINES6);

setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.yellow4);

setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.blue,   5);

setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.green,  6);

setDefaultBarThickness(24);

setDefaultBarThickness(25);

setDefaultBarThickness(16);

}

function 
        main() {

//at very end of main()

return Array (EMA_A,SMA_A,PrimeEMA,PrimeSMA,HardStop,ProfitTarget2,ProfitTarget3);        //return causes graph of that variable(s)
        }   // end of main { 

Comment

Working...
        X