Todays High (TH)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays High (TH)

There is a efs called "Todays High (TH) wich comes with eSignal (Formulas/OHLC).
    This efs does not compute new, if the price goes higher then the high at the time this efs was loaded (Intraday)
    Any ideas how to change that.

Traveller

the same is with the Today's low. It would be great if they automatically moved higher/lower as the stock price went lower/higher. Other than manually reloading them, I have never seen another way..but some of the EFS guys might have a solution. It would be nice if there was one.

cas

Comment

Cas/Traveller:

Make a backup copy of your existing getTodayOHLC.efs file (in your OHLC folder) and then copy in the attached version. I made a small change that will force it to check for new values during the current day but I have not tested it extensively. Now, it will not draw a new horizontal line if a new high/low is reached but it will stair-step accordingly.

Chris
      Attached Files

Comment

Chris,

That works great...thank you very much! That is a big improvement over the Todayshigh efs that is the default install. Much better if you have been watching the same issue for some time. Thanks for that.

cas

Comment

Chris

Thank you for your work. I'll check it out, when the markets are open again.
          Btw, which programming syntax is used in efs-scripts? Is it C? I'm familiar with Visual Basic.
          Is there a guide with all the key-words to download?

Hubert

Comment

Hi Hubert:

EFS is, for the most part, Javascript and there are several generic tutorials available on the web (just do a google search on "javascript tutorial").

I put together a EFS help file that you can find in the File Area in the "Specialty Scripts" group. It is basically a compilation of all of the help documents that I gathered from various forums, etc.

You can also go to the main eSignal Bulletin Board page and look in the EFS Reference Guide forum.

... and you can browse to:

http://www.esignalcentral.com/traini.../efs_database/

which is a new centralized help/information database that the folks at eSignal have put together.

Chris
            Last edited by ckryza; 04-18-2003, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Chris

Thanks a lot. So I will start study again. :-)

Hubert

Comment

Working...
              X