Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playback issue

Hi Folks...

A quick question for those of you that are doing tick playback to test strategy.

I can run the same EFS script through 5 currencies (CAD, GBP, EUR, CHF, JPY) and there is no problem or issue with the chart. However, when i run it through the AUD, within the first 5 or 6 bars being generated... they all compress into a tight line (perhaps 1 point high) near the top of the chart and stay that way till the playback is over. The EFS continues to run and function normally... i just can't see what its doing, ie coloring the bars etc. I've attached a pic...
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
    Attached Files

Chris
    What symbol are you using in Tick Replay? AUD A0-FX or the future and if the latter which contract?
    It could be that you have a bad tick in the downloaded data file or that the script is perhaps plotting a 0 or out of range value. Try clicking the Scale Price Data Only button and see if that changes the appearance of the chart
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

We're using the AUD A0-FX. The playback starts off fine... then goes to that thin compressed line after a few candles form. The playback works fine WITHOUT any script running . Would this mean that there is no bad data?

Last edited by DaveJackson; 01-19-2006, 08:13 AM.

Comment

DaveJackson
        It would indicate that it is not a data issue. This is why I suggested that you click the Scale Price Data Only while running the playback with the script loaded. If the chart goes back to normal when you do that then it could indicate the script is returning some out of range value
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

Scale Price Data Only seems to work just great....thanks a bunch !!! If you have a moment can you explain what this might mean and why this would be required on the AUD and not on the other currencies ?

Chris

Comment

Chris
            It could mean that the script is returning a value that is well outside of the normal range of the chart with that symbol. Without seeing the script it is not possible to tell why this is happening or what is causing it
            Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex... as usual, you're help and solution is right on the money !!!

Comment

Working...
              X