Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal can't find DLL

I have an efs study that uses a DLL that loads via the statement:

dLL = new DLL ("c:\Interface\Interface.dll")

The dLL loads fine and all the functionality works. The dll also loads fine from the eSignal directory, via the statement:

dLL = new DLL ("Interface.dll")

HOWEVER, when I send the dll and the efs to a client of mine, eSignal reports an error saying that it cannot find the dll. I checked my clients system, and sure enough the dll is there and he is running the correct efs. Further, we tried it on a 2nd system of his and the same result.

Any ideas why eSignal could not find a dll that is really present?

Tx,

Scott
    Scott Masters
    www.tic2tic.com
    [email protected]

Hello Scott,

The dll should be placed in the \eSignal\ folder and the EFS should use = new DLL("Interface.dll") to initialize the object. Is this the scenario that your client is testing under?
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason,

Yes, and when it did not work, we double checked everything and then tried a different directory...same result (on an XP machine). So then we tried a different machine (Windows 2000) and same result. eSignal says it cannot find the dll file.

On my Xp machine, it works fine. Plus, I can reference different locations where the file is...no problem.

The initial thought was that we were just doing someting stupid...but after triple checking and then going thru the process on a different machine, I'm flummoxed.

Any ideas as to what path we might go down to further investigate why this is happening?

Tx,

Scott
      Scott Masters
      www.tic2tic.com
      [email protected]

Comment

Hello Scott,

This is a strange one for sure. It works on your end and not on theirs. Are you absolutely certain the client is saving the dll to the proper folder and using the same EFS version you are? Check to see if the user has multiple \eSignal\ directories. Sometimes clients choose different paths for new installs. You could also try having the client uninstall and reinstall eSignal. Make sure they use the default installation path and are using the most current build (7.9.1 738).

If this does not resolve the problem then there is some external factor involved. Is it possible the client has a personal firewall running on those two machines that is blocking the dll somehow?
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason,

I had previously done everything that you suggested. Besides a Firewall, is there any other setting on XP that you know of that would prevent a dll from loading?

I am going to send this to another client of mine and see what happens on his machine. I'll let you know what happens. Tx for following up on this, since I am stonewalled until we figure it out.

Tx,

Scott
          Scott Masters
          www.tic2tic.com
          [email protected]

Comment

I have the same problem

I got an erro message after writhing this upload line

Comment

Working...
            X