Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backtesting load data problems

0.See item5 first.
    1. When I try to back test long period of ",3" data (or any other big amount of data), for example 2 or 3 month, I see "Loadin xxx bars" progress window with close button, and xxx number never change. If I press close and restart back testing, then I receive next xxx number and ... continiusly, 3-7 restarts solve this sometimes, but sometimes number of bars start from begin (
    2. Same situation on modem connection(33.6K), but test never start, after some retryes loading begin from low numbers of burs (I have 11Mbps radio channel to my own ISP in Moscow, after ISP not loaded high bandwith channel to Sonera/Europe, and in 1st question it's not looks like channel problems).
    3.Sometimes backtesting process finish with message like "Cannot build xml child window", but restart of backtesting (nothing changed in start parameters, Esignal not restarted) solve problem. ???
    4. in short time templates (like 1,3, or 5) I can backtest no more then 3month od data, how I can get more data for test ?
    It's not good idea write script to insert data into my own SQL (to have more historical data) and reswrite backtesting code on other language.... but what other solutions ?

5. ))) Sorry for my English ))))))))))))))

Hi mikesh,

I can answer a couple of your questions because I've had the same problems...

1. You need to load the chart first with the right timeframe you want, before you try and backtest it. If you display a chart of, say, 5 mins then try and backtest 3 mins you get the 'Loading xxx bars' problem. You need to load a 3 min chart then you can backtest 3 mins without a problem.

4. eSignal have told me they only hold 3 months worth of intraday data. Pretty rubbish if you ask me.

Cheers

mmillar

Comment

Working...
    X