Smoothed Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoothed Indicator

How can I smooth the attached LSMA indicator with a simple moving average? Can any of the wizards help?

TIA

Momentum
    Attached Files

Hello Momentum,

This task can be accomplished creating a series of the lsma study through the efsExternal() function. Then pass this series as the source to the sma() like below.

Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason. Do I just add that to the end of the other efs? I don't speak java script unfortuneately, only easylanguage a bit.

Comment

Momentum
        The example Jason provided is a self contained script. You need to copy it into a new formula window, add preMain() with the required statements (ie setPriceStudy(true), setStudyTitle(myStudy), etc) and save the formula in the same folder where you have the woodies_lsma.efs.
        To simplify the task of writing the formula you could use the efs template which is available here. In the same thread you will also find a brief example of how to add user defined parameters.
        Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex but making money trading is 10 times easier than this!

Comment

Momentum
            That is only because you are not familiar with the language. Perhaps you may want to dedicate some time to reading the Guides and the new Tutorials on EFS that are available in the EFS KnowledgeBase
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X