EFS, Time Template and Bar Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS, Time Template and Bar Replay

I have noticed that if you have an EFS that you wish to backtest, and your EFS draws MA's, system symbols, etc., and you enter Bar Replay Mode, your EFS-generate drawn object do not work, your EFS formulas for MA's etc, do not work if you use a time template **other** than dynamic 24 hours. See Pic where the left side is with a 1-day time template (starts at 2am CST), and the right side is the normal operation with 24 hr time template (previous day data seen at left edge).

In the right side all EFS-generated stuff (lines, signals, text, etc) appears. But on left side, where data starts at 2 am because of the time template, almost NOTHING from the EFS appears as you step thru time. Exactly same EFS -- only the time template is different

Is this a bug or by design? it is frustrating if you have a complicated EFS to have to force it to work with long time periods when all you need to do is backtest the previous day only.

And, if you plan on responding by saying that the reason this is so is because in order to calculate values in the 1-day time template, the EFS needs values from the previous days (like if you had a 20 EMA, and they does not exist, well, let me tell you that then as I step thru in time further along the day, those needed values then fall into the current day, and the lines/signals should start to appear, say, one hour or so into the current day.

But that does not happen. I can step thru the entire day, and still NOTHING.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by alexmihh; 03-08-2006, 08:39 PM.

Hello Alex,

There is a known bug (EDL #11169) related to time template settings and Bar Replay mode. If you have a time template that is set to load a set number of Bars, your EFS will not work properly in Bar Replay. Make sure your time template is set to load a set number of Days rather than Bars and try it again.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Originally posted by JasonK
      Hello Alex,

There is a known bug (EDL #11169) related to time template settings and Bar Replay mode. If you have a time template that is set to load a set number of Bars, your EFS will not work properly in Bar Replay. Make sure your time template is set to load a set number of Days rather than Bars and try it again.
      Well, then you need to expand the scope of this bug. The time template I have describe had NOTHING to do with number of bars. The 1-day template was 1-day, 1 am to 3:30 CST -- see PIC for verification
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Alex,

I modified one our library formulas an added a drawImage call to it. The formula, as you can see in the animation below, is drawing lines, text and images in Bar Replay with a 1-day time template. It's working as it should on my end.

At this point, to get to the bottom of this problem you are experiencing I need to test your code. Please post the formula you were using in the chart image you posted previously. Or post a working example that reproduces the same problem as your other formula.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X