Request guidance with getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request guidance with getting started

I use a variety of indicators for intraday signals such as CCI, ADX, DMI, MACD etc. I search for patterns that, in some instances, may not be conventional. So far, my system is purely mechanical & I miss a few signals throughout the day. I have all the indicators I use in an advanced chart for every security that I'm monitoring (which could be up to 2 dozen.) At that point, I continually monitor each chart looking for signals. It appears that I stand to benefit a great deal from EFS if I am able to program my methods for using these indicators. I am as green as they come to Java script and want to know if EFS could be used for just about any type of use of these indicators before I start trying to learn it. If it can, could EFS also be used to scan the market using the indicators as well as other constraints such as volume, opening gaps, etc?

Thnx,

Ian

Hello Ian,

Welcome to the eSignal Bulletin Boards!

EFS is a powerful tool that can do a vast array of tasks, and would certainly be able to assist you with alerting you when certain conditions exist. Built into EFS are Built-in Study Functions that serve up the study data you need easily without the need to program the formulas individually.

You may also want to look at the Formula Wizard. This tool creates the code for you when given the studies and conditions to be met.

The main source for learning about EFS or the Formula Wizard is our EFS Help Center & Library. I would suggest starting there, and if you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

One other note about scanning. EFS has a symbol limit of 3 symbols (soon to be 5,) so it's not designed to be a scanning tool. We have a number of different scans, among which is the very powerful Advanced Get Scanner. This scanner can look for a variety of different setups ranging from MACD crossing above or below to ADX Turn-ups. Below are links to more information about our different scanner products.

eSignal Scanner
      Advanced Get Scanner
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Working...
      X