Alert in Graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alert in Graph

I went through almost every posts in the last year, and found this to be a question many have:
    To be alerted on the graph (by blinking, etc when a condition has been met)

Anyone come up with anything that works. I was wondering if anyone has made the alerts go on a separate graph or something (so its always there on the screen, we look at 40-50 graphs a day and when we get an audible alert, which works great, its hard to find the symbol to trade). yesterday we had 4 good picks and not able to find one until too late).
    I thought that maybe the symbol, time and maybe even the price or something (even just the symbol would be great until we clicked on it and it went away???)
    So then at , say 9:30 we got 3 picks in condition, the a list would come up in a chart (one chart)

or is this only possible to do in the actual chart. Right now I have each chart alerting me with an arrow and alittle 8 or 10 font label that I look for when I hear an audible alert. Does work well but sometimes hard to find.

What about changing the entire background?? say for 60 seconds (would this freeze that chart, if so that would be okay, my ticks are 5 minutes and up) If so could anyone take a script below and add the scriptw where needed. I saw someone talkedc about this for a few milisconds in a previous post.

Overall, the best way would to alert me would be in the quote screen, so I thought if a "quote screen" could be made in a new chart someone by printing the alert would be great.

PATRADER
    You can use the Alert.addToList() function which will open the Triggered Alerts window in which you can define the symbol and/or interval that triggered the alert.
    You can also change the whole background color of the chart. The function to do this would be setChartBG()
    For information on the syntax required by these functions see the corresponding links
    Alex

Comment

Window

Does this open automatically a pop up window??
      and each for each chart? I may have 40 charts running and several charts may be in condition at the same time.

I have never seen this before..the function says it
      "generates a popup window"

Does the symbol autimatically get entered? the eample has IBM inside the code

Are there any examples I can look at.

This sounds like something that may work for me

Comment

PATRADER
        See the reply and code example I provided to you in this thread
        Alex

Comment

Thanks

many thanks....sorry I ask so many questions and I appreciate all the help. These scripts have made esignal alot better.

I have tried to do my homework lately before asking any more questions. I will eventually post my work for you and everyone once I got it running.....

Comment

PATRADER
            You are most welcome
            Alex

Comment

Quick Idea In additioon too

hmmm, I had a quick idea that may also work well in addition to this.........Would you know how to put a big BUY in yellow at the top right side (or any place, like font 20 or soemthing) of the graph, then go off after 60 seconds (like put on a timer...I left most of my updated notes and pages I printed out at home and may leave soon to work on some scripts at my brothers. I believe I printed out where someone did this, sort of.)
              PHP Code:
              i was wondering how you did this..just figured it outwill use this as needed for now on 

Comment

Working...
              X