Can global values be arrays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can global values be arrays?

I'd like to maintain bid and ask sizes between page changes. EFS, I understand, does not keep these as a series so everytime I switch pages, the study that uses the bid and ask sizes starts from the current bar and the history is gone.

I'd like to keep the history. The only way I can think of is to use global values, unless somebody knows a better method. If I use global values can they store arrays?

TIA,
    ++Ayman

Hello Ayman,

Because historical bid/ask information is not accessible to EFS, your formula code will have to store the data that is collected in real time either through File I/O or through the global variable functions, setGlobalValue() and getGlobalValue(). You can pass arrays to the setGlobalValue() function. However, be aware that a chart that is collecting bid/ask data on one page will stop collecting the data if you switch to another page. When you return to that page and re-plot your collected history you will have a gap in the history up to the current bar where the collections start up again. Only the formulas on an active page are executing. For a detailed example of storing this data through File I/O, please review this thread.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X