Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D charting

Hi there,
    I'm looking through the BB before I commit myself to esignal.

One of the trend analysis studies that I would be like to be able to develop is multivariate trend analyses plus a 3D graphical interface - I think you might refer to this interface as charting.

If there is a reference to this method that I could look at I would appreciate to link.

Thankyou in advance

Regards
    bobbie

Hello bobbie,

EFS is an extended version of the JavaScript 1.5 language. EFS does not have any built-in references for multivariate trend analysis. However, it is a complete programming language. As long as all your inputs for multivariate trend analysis are derived from the Advanced Chart data, you would be able to create the necessary custom calculations. The results can also be plotted on the chart as a series or you can draw lines, shapes, images or text to illustrate the results. Make note that the Advanced Charts only have an x and y axis.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi there Jason,

Thats what I thought. So to get the z axis I would have to derive my own chart. Would there be any support for that in the EFS system? Or would it be possible to import an external chart? If so, what would be the most appropriate interface?

Regards
      bobbie

Comment

Hello Bobbie,

EFS and the Advanced Chart type does not support a z-axis. The eSignal application also does not have the ability to import external chart types. Another option you may want to consider is our Desktop API. You could create your own application and custom 3D chart type using eSignal data.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi there Jason,
          Thanks for that. I'll have a look at the Desktop API.

However, as I'm not a registered client yet this is going to be difficult. I shall prepare a basic routine/shell that will interface with the MScom and then contact you again to see if I'm on the right track.

Once I have something programmed to evaluate real time data, then I will not mind committimg to the service. I do not want to commit to a service and not be able to satisfactorily use it.

Once again, thanks for the pointers, and I'll be in touch.

Regards
          Robert Leigh

Comment

Hi there Jason,
            I have just tried to access the Desktop API forum and am getting a required to register . Do I have to be aa eSignal client to access this forum and/or doo I have to register with a new username and password - as my existing username is not accepted.

Regards

bobbie

Comment

bobbie
              You can access the Desktop API Development forum with the same username you use to log in this Bulletin Board
              Alex

Comment

Hi there Alex,
                Thanks.

bobbie

Comment

Working...
                X