pivot console not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pivot console not working

I've found pivot console.efs to be the most useful pivot line creator program. This evening the console remains in a "loading data" state for the GBP A0-fx.
    If I change the currency on that chart the console buttons show up. If I change the currency back to GBP they go away and msg reads "loading data" again. I have used this efs for about three days and this is first time I've noticed this behaviour.
    Any body have any ideas why this problem exists?

I'm new to Java and efs writing, about one month and though I have written a half dozen testing programs I have not looked into this one since it seems to be rather data specific, I would not have a clue what to look for. file is attatched.

Note I later tried 4 other pivot efs from the forum and all get stuck in loading data mode on the GBP a0-fx so must be something wrong with the data yet my candle charts appear ok.
    ???
    Dave
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mooseman; 05-02-2006, 08:15 PM.

Dave
    Try opening a new chart for GBP A0-FX and set the interval to Daily. If no bars are plotted in that chart then that is the reason why the Pivot Console is stuck on Loading data... in as much as it cannot retrieve the data it uses to calculate the pivots.
    If that is the case try refreshing the daily chart by clicking Ctrl+OK. Once the data loads in the daily chart you should also see the pivots being displayed on your intraday chart.
    Alex

Comment

Alexis,
      I assume it is the green OK button in lower right corner? Does it matter which one? I tried both. I have two charts, different currencies up. When I set both to Daily and click Ctl OK I don't see any change in the working chart (AUD a0-fx). However the GBP chart is empty of all data and all efs labels in top left say "lading data". How long should it take to load fresh data? Anything else to try?
      Thanks

Dave

Comment

Dave
        It is the green OK box in the Cursor Window and not the ones in the bottom right corner.
        The fact that the daily chart of GBP is empty is why the pivots are not displaying. Once you refresh the chart (ie you re-request the data) you should see the daily chart populate and the pivots display
        Alex

Comment

Alexis,
          Thanks. I had the Cursor status turned off.
          That did the trick.
          It is very fortunate for all of us here that you are there!
          Dave

Comment

Dave
            Thank you for the kind words and you are most welcome
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X