Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanner

Hello,

I am creating a formula to scan over 2,800 stocks, e-signal will only allow me scan a limit of 7 within the formula. Is there a way I can make it scan 2800? I have no problem scanning 7, but if I go over 7 I get a message that says "The Symbol Limit(7) for a formula has been exceeded". I have placed over 2,800 stocks into an array, then I call that array to run a scan on all the different stocks. I have no proble if I do under 7. any suggestion?

Thank you

Hello Eightball2377,

EFS is not allowed to scan the market, which is why you receive the symbol limit message. This limit is in place to limit the demands put on the data servers from a single EFS.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thank you for your fast responce, Jason.

Comment

You're most welcome.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

I am a new user to eSignal and would like to start coding my own alerts based on one or more indicator conditions. I would like this alert to scan the maximum number of symbols possible in 3 and 5 minute intervals. (I believe my account has a 500 symbol limit).

After reading this thread, I would just like to confirm that the maximum number of symbols I can scan at any one time is "7". Is this correct?

If so, does anyone know of a workaround for this limitation?

Thanks in advance for your help. So far I like what I have seen with eSignal just please tell me I can scan more than 7 stocks at one time :-).

Comment

El Pato
            An EFS can access up to a maximum of 7 symbols.
            I don't believe there is a workaround as the limit is intentional
            Alex

Comment

Bummer, but .. thanks for the information!

Comment

A salesman told me 2500 signals on the phone...???

Comment

vizzo01
                  The sales person may have been referring to the various scanners available with eSignal. However these do not use efs at this time. For information on the available scanners see this page. You can also find information and instructions specific to the various scanners in the eSignal KnowledgeBase in the Market Scanners folder
                  Alex

Comment

Working...
                  X