TypeError: xxxx has no properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TypeError: xxxx has no properties

I am getting an error message when the attached efs loads at startup on two tick charts (ES 89T and AB 250V). Then, if I reload it, the error goes away and the efs executes properly. Then every time thereafter I reload the efs, everything works fine. I only get the message at initial start up.

The error message references line 47 with the message:

TypeError: vRSI has no properties

I suppose there are some initial conditions that cause this line to report an error, but I cannot figure out how to fix it. Since the problem only happens when the chart initially opens, it is hard to test it.

I haven't had much experience catching errors internally in my efs scripts, so if there is a thread or something that discusses and gives examples how to debug and trap these, I am willing to learn.

Thanks for your assistance. Joe.
    Attached Files

Joe
    First of all there is an error in the intialization of the study (this however is not the cause of the error you are getting)
    xRSI = rsi(19,"hl2"); should be xRSI = rsi(19,hl2());
    As to the error you are referring to try adding a null check for vRSI after you have declared it ie
    if(vRSI==null) return;
    Null checks are a good programming practice regardless of the error you are getting
    Alex

Comment

Thank you for the prompts reply, and the advice on both issues.

Very best regards, Joe.

Comment

Joe
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X