Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone plot signals in both the price and non-price studies from a single efs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone plot signals in both the price and non-price studies from a single efs?

Hi!
    Does anyone know how to plot a indicator with signals such as arrows (let's say a CCI crossing over 0 is the trigger to go long or short) in the non-price study AND also plot the long, short arrows in the price study? I am having a hard time keeping two EFS files in sync for backtesting. One file is a visual of the indicator in the non-price study, the other is the buy/sell signals (and soon the cover, stop, etc. signals) on the price study.

I reviewed quite a lot of files here on the site but haven't seen one plotting both price study and non-price study signals.

Thanks in advance! - WR

Hi wwhiterhino,

No it is not possible. An efs can output to either in the price pane or the non-price pane, not both.
    To submit a suggestion or feature request send an email to [email protected] or select Customer Support-> Make A Suggestion in the main menu of eSignal

Comment

Chris is right.

The way I fake this functionality is by having a variable in my efs that makes the efs to plot as PriceStudy or not:

var ThisIsPriceStudy = 0;

Then, in Premain check this var to decide if the efs should load in Price window or not:

if (ThisIsPriceStudy) {SetPriceStudy(true);}
      else {SetPriceStudy(false);}

This way, I do all my work in one efs.

Good Luck!

Mihai
      Mihai Buta

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Mbuta, can you post a portion of code to demonstrate this in action?

Comment

I already did. Really, there is not anything more to it.

Note: I assume that, you will adjust the plots accordingly. Just test for "ThisIsPriceStudy" condition and plot whatever you want to plot in each case.
          Mihai Buta

Comment

One get-around is to have two EFS scripts, one for the price window, one for the non-price window. They can communicate with each other via Global variables.

Comment

Working...
            X