plotting lines and study values in 2 different places on the chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plotting lines and study values in 2 different places on the chart

I've written some code that places lines automatically on the price chart to indicate various things. I used setpricestudy(true) to tell it to plot those lines on the price chart. I also have created a histogram that I want to plot in one of the study windows below the chart. But if found you can't do this.

So I thought I would ask around here.

I know I could create 2 efs's to do this, but I need to communicate between both routines.

Could I just separate out both in to 2 efs's and then have another efs that calls each one, one efs plots on price chart, one on study chart? Or does the main calling EFS dictate which study area is to be plotted?

thanks

t

Hello philli4093,

You have a couple of choices. Depending on what information you need to share between formulas you could use callFunction() or setGlobalValue()/getGlobalValue(). See Data Access Functions and Data Storage Functions located in the EFS Function Reference folder of the EFS Help Center & Library. If you have values that need to be calculated and shared on every bar, I would recommend using callFunction().
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Could try this..

You could use GLOBALVARIABLES (see setGlobalVariable) for some of it - if the code is not super complex..

Brad
      Brad Matheny
      eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
      X