problem with a new efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with a new efs

I have a multiple time frame EFS I have been playing with and I have 2 minor problems - any help would be great.

1 - no problem on screen, the name shows up as XXX but as soon as I go to "Edit Studies" for any reason, it shows all the settings on the chart - so if it was a stoch efs with 2 time frames for instance the name would go from XXX to XXX (9,9,3,0,8,2,2) i made the #s up so that isnt the problem. any ideas why?

2 - The efs has 3 components but I only want 2 to be charted or shown in on the chart. Right now I just "setDefault( Color.lightgrey)" which is the color of the background of my charts so I dont see them but when they r ontop or cross one of the visible lines it breaks it up. Any way to either not show it at all on the chart or make it the btm indicator of the group so the visible once would by dfault pass on top when they cross and the visibles wouldnt be broken up?

I have it set setShowCursorLabel(false); - but thats didnt help either

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by trend; 06-22-2006, 09:24 AM.

Re: proble with a new efs

Hello trend,

Originally posted by trend
    I have a multiple time frame EFS I have been playing with and I have 2 minor problems - any help would be great.

1 - no problem on screen, the name shows up as XXX but as soon as I go to "Edit Studies" for any reason, it shows all the settings on the chart - so if it was a stoch efs with 2 time frames for instance the name would go from XXX to XXX (9,9,3,0,8,2,2) i made the #s up so that isnt the problem. any ideas why?
    This is the default behavior of EFS formulas. To prevent the formula parameters from appearing on the chart next to the title add setShowTitleParameters(false) to your preMain() function.

2 - The efs has 3 components but I only want 2 to be charted or shown in on the chart. Right now I just "setDefault( Color.lightgrey)" which is the color of the background of my charts so I dont see them but when they r ontop or cross one of the visible lines it breaks it up. Any way to either not show it at all on the chart or make it the btm indicator of the group so the visible once would by dfault pass on top when they cross and the visibles wouldnt be broken up?

I have it set setShowCursorLabel(false); - but thats didnt help either

Thanks a lot.
    The items that get plotted on the chart is based on the items being returned by main() in it's return statement. You just need to remove the components from your return statement that you don't want to plot. Those items can still be used by your formula logic, they just won't be plotted on the chart for visual reference. After removing the unwanted items from the return statement, you may need to update your preMain() functions to properly reflect the new index positions of your return statement.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Handled the 1st part easily by adding that line - no more formulas. Thanks.

Eliminating the lines that overlap is another problem. I still have broken lines I assume cause they are being crossed by lines the same color as my background. I tried deleting everything in my //==main processing function - one at a time - none helped.

also tried deleting stuff in the //initialize formula parameters - no dice

i dont have a plain //main()

tx for any help

Comment

trend

I tried deleting everything in my //==main processing function - one at a time - none helped.
        As Jason indicated in his reply you need to remove the item that you don't want to plot (and that you are currently painting with the same color of the background) from the return statement ie from the line at the end of the main function that reads
        return new Array (myVar1, myVar2, etc)
        Alex

Comment

1st thanks for all your help.

I have 1 question. Is there any way to hide all the parameters in an encrypted script from the 'edit studies' window? I dont want people I allow to use the script to see anything about it nor to be able to change anything including the color.

Can I totally eliminate the encrypted efs from showing up in the 'edit studies' window?

Tx,

Trend

Comment

Hi Trend,

It is odd in my opinion that you ask in a public forum how to be so secretive in your dealings with others.

Regardless, if I were aware of a method to do so, I would let you know. However, as far as I know, you cannot hide the names of an encrypted efs input parameters.

Comment

Trend,

If you dont want your people to see the inputs in the Edit Studies window, dont input them using the Edit Studies window.

Simply use a variable defined up front.

Comment

David,

They are defined in the efs and not in the edit studies window (I never change anything in the edit studies window so I have no need for them to show up there). I am not sure why or how to hide the variables from view in there (or eliminate the efs from being listed entirely).

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the help.

--------

Steve, I am not sure what one has to do with the other. Last I checked a forum was a place for sharing of ideas and problem solving. By asking a question in no way did I tell you the secret to my strategies great success. I just asked for some guidance. I do appreciate your help though

Comment

Just make sure that there are no parameters being passed to the main() function.

function main( fVar1, fVar2, fVar3 )

... will cause the 3 parameters (i.e., fVar1, fVar2 and fVar3) to show up in Edit Studies.

var fVar1 = 10;
                  var fVar2 = 30;
                  var fVar3 = 6;

function main() {

... will still allow you to use the 3 input parameters but here they are defined as external variables and NOT passed to the main() function and, therefore, will not show up in Edit Studies.

Chris

Comment

tx chris - when I did that it gave me an error message on almost every line. I do appreciate the effort though tx.

Comment

Working...
                    X