Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Envelope Formula

Hi,

I was trying to use the Envelope basic formula and get only one line drawn. Is this correct or am I supposed to get 2?

thanks,

DaTr8dr

DaTr8dr
    If you are using the Envelopes in the Basic Studies then it will always plot the Basis line plus the two envelope lines.
    However if you only wanted one of he envelope lines then you could do that with an efs where in the return() section you can chose which line(s) to plot (Basis, Upper and/or Lower).
    Alex

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but I put the basic envelope study on a chart and I discovered that it is charting the basis line in scale with the chart, but it is charting the envelope about 900 scale points above and below the basis line. Don't see how to adjust it down to chart scale.

Here are my basic settings for the envelope indicator.

Thanks for your replies on my many questions.

DaTr8dr
      Attached Files

Comment

DaTr8dr
        The solution depends on what you are trying to achieve
        - if you want to change at what value the envelopes plot just modify the Percent (in the image you posted it is set at 10%)
        - if instead you want the envelopes plotted at 10% but don't necessarily want to see them or have them compress the chart then click on the "Scale Price Data Only" icon or right click the chart and select Scaling->Scale Price Data Only
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X