URL specification for drawn shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URL specification for drawn shape

The drawShapeRelative() and drawShapeAbsolute() function descriptions indicate that a URL can be specified as the fourth parameter but they do not indicate the required format of the parameter nor give examples with a URL. Could someone provide an example of the function specification that invokes a button handling function when the shape is clicked?

Hello j.r.walker,

Simply pass the URL as a string. You cannot execute another function with this parameter in the drawShapexxx() functions. When the shape is clicked, a new browser will open with the specified URL.

drawShapeRelative( -5, high(-5), Shape.CIRCLE, "http://www.esignal.com", Color.red, Shape.TOP | Shape.ONTOP , "test");

Only the drawTextxxxx() functions can execute a function when clicked. To accomplish this, add to the end of the text parameter, +"@URL=EFS:yourEFSFunction" where yourEFSFunction is the name of the function you want to execute when the text object is clicked.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks.

Using:

getFormulaOutputRoot() + "myfile.txt"

for the URL gives me what I need. Instead of a browser the application that is associated with ".txt" extension is used to display my output file.

Comment

Working...
      X