Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market Prediction Study

Hi,

I'm building an eSignal Study, that displays a market forecast based on a chaos based model, that predicts the market intraday.

I have been able to chart the signal and display the market forward using drawline command.

Now I would like to compute standard TA Studies, like EMA, SMA, CCI, etc (all that are a function of the price.

How can I use the standard functions? I can creat an array and concatenate the Market Price, with the predicted price. But the studies seem to accept only the symbol as an input.

This is how the study looks like.

And this is the command I use to chart the market prediction.

for (var x=2; x<=Offset; x++){
    drawLineRelative(x-1-Correction,aPrediction[x-1],x-Correction,aPrediction[x] ,PS_SOLID,3,Color.grey,"plot"+x);
    }
    return;

Thank you for your help.

DB

Hello dan2005,

The built-in studies are only designed to process current and historical data. You will not be able to use the built-in studies to perform TA on your forecasted data array. You will have to create custom versions of the TA studies that base their calculations on your array and then use drawing functions to display the TA results on the future bar indexes.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi JasonK

Thank you for your prompt response. I'll try to do it that way. Is there any way I can access the built in functions, to adapt them?

Thank you,

Dan

Originally posted by JasonK
      Hello dan2005,

The built-in studies are only designed to process current and historical data. You will not be able to use the built-in studies to perform TA on your forecasted data array. You will have to create custom versions of the TA studies that base their calculations on your array and then use drawing functions to display the TA results on the future bar indexes.

Comment

Hello Dan,

We cannot make available the native application code. However, many of the EFS studies have been translated into EFS code in the Formulas\Library\ folder that installs with eSignal.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X