Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS Security

Hi,

I've developed an EFS formula to distribute a market prediction signal.
    The signal looks like this.

The indicator data is not computed in the EFS but stored on our servers and recomputed every 15 minutes.

I've added the addEntitlement comand to manage security and so secure the prediction data on our server I've added EFS variables as follows.

I send the login information to a CGI through http.

Is this the correct way to do it? Is there any other better security solution?
    Should I only distribute the EFS using the addEntitlement ?
    When distributing with the addEntitlement does the users have to provide me with their eSignal user to be added to the user list?

Thank you very much for your help.

Dan

Is there any way to compute the signal with EFS?

Comment

No. You need to add the EFS as an add on. We are finishing the testing phase of the EFS before we offer the service to eSignal subscribers. Currently only web based.

The EFS reads the results that our servers compute every 15 minutes and charts what the market will do. The system is too complex to be programmed in an EFS, and we do not disclose the inner workings of the model.

Originally posted by buzzhorton
      Is there any way to compute the signal with EFS?

Comment

Hello Dan,

I don't think there is any better way to get both a password and user name sent to your CGI through the eSignal application. However, I would think that a password may not be necessary if you require the end user to use their eSignal user name for your verification process when they subscribe. If you only used the eSignal user name, you could use getUserName() within the formula to automate the authentication process.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X