Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preMain fuction questions ??

preMain function questions:

1) Is it possible to have values in preMain as parameters so you can control how the study works?

Let's say you have a study that one time you want to load with pricestudy = true and then load it again with pricestudy = false.

Or one time you want to use setComputeOnClose(); but then next time you don't want it use it.

2) Should

var iDecimals = new FunctionParameter("iDecimals", FunctionParameter.NUMBER);
    iDecimals.setDefault( 2 );

be coded in preMain or not?

It doesn't seem to matter but I am curious.

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE.

Re: preMain fuction questions ??

Hello Avery,

Originally posted by buzzhorton
    preMain function questions:

1) Is it possible to have values in preMain as parameters so you can control how the study works?

Let's say you have a study that one time you want to load with pricestudy = true and then load it again with pricestudy = false.

Or one time you want to use setComputeOnClose(); but then next time you don't want it use it.
    The setPriceStudy() and setComputeOnClose() functions sets these study properties during the initialization process. Once a formula has been loaded on a chart you can not programmatically change these two properties through a formula parameter.

2) Should

var iDecimals = new FunctionParameter("iDecimals", FunctionParameter.NUMBER);
    iDecimals.setDefault( 2 );

be coded in preMain or not?

It doesn't seem to matter but I am curious.

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE.
    It is recommended to put FunctionParameter code inside preMain().
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Re: Re: preMain fuction questions ??

Hey Jason:

Looks like you are playing "catch up".

So it looks like I have to have 2 versions of a study.. one for priceStudy = true and one for = false. That just doesn't seem smart. Too bad, preMain function parameters couldn't be loaded at load time rather than hard coded.

So I guess, I will start putting the FunctionParameter code inside preMain.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by JasonK
      Hello Avery,

The setPriceStudy() and setComputeOnClose() functions sets these study properties during the initialization process. Once a formula has been loaded on a chart you can not programmatically change these two properties through a formula parameter.

It is recommended to put FunctionParameter code inside preMain().

Comment

Working...
      X