Clear All

• End of bar Data with SETCOMPUTEONCLOSE=FALSE

I know how to get the value at the beginning of a bar using the sample code

if (getBarState() == BARSTATE_NEWBAR) {
    vFlag = false;
    var vData1 = 5;
    var vData2 = 1;
    if (vData1 > vData2 && vFlag == false) {
    vHistoryFile = (vChartTitle + getInterval() + "--Loaded on " + getMonth(0) + "-" + getDay(0) + " at " + getHour(0) + "." + getMinute(0) + "");
    vHistoryFileTitle = ("Loaded on: " + getMonth(0) + "-" + getDay(0) + " at " + getHour(0) + "." + getMinute(0));
    vFlag = true;
    }
    }

But how can you grab the last value of the last bar instead

What I am trying to do is have SETCOMPUTEONCLOSE to false, and check the value of an StochD (which is updating on every tick), against the closing value of the last bar. Using a "-1" parameter, study(-1), will not work because that gives me the value of the last tick, not the last closed bar

alexmihh
    First of all please consider that setComputeOnClose() does not have any parameters so even if you set it to setComputeOnClose(false) the formula will still compute on the close of a bar only. You need to comment out (or remove altogether) the setComputeOnClose() statement.
    Having said that you should be able to retrieve the value of a study at the prior bar by using study.getValue(-1) The script enclosed below for example will return to the current bar the value of the Stochastic %D at the prior bar. By using the getValue(-1) you are essentially displacing forward by one bar the study's return which should remain constant on every tick
    Please let me know if I have misunderstood your question.
    Alex

PHP Code:
    var xStochD null;

function 
    main(){

if(
    xStochD==nullxStochD stochD(14,1,3);

var 
    nStochD xStochD.getValue(-1);//nStochD is the value of Stochastic %D at prior bar

if(nStochD==null) return;

return 
    nStochD;

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      [B]alexmihh
      Having said that you should be able to retrieve the value of a study at the prior bar by using study.getValue(-1)

OK, I somehow thought that this would retreive the last tick value of the study if SETCOMPUTEONCLOSE was not in effect, but I see this is not the case. It returns the study value at the close of last bar regardless of SETCOMPUTEONCLOSE

Comment

alexmihh

It returns the study value at the close of last bar regardless of SETCOMPUTEONCLOSE
        That is correct
        Alex

Comment

What you want is to get that last value, only when NEWBAR is true. By definition this will be the last closing value.

if (getBarState() != BARSTATE_NEWBAR) {
          return;
          }

MostRecentClose = Close();

Garth
          Garth

Comment

Working...
          X