Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting R.T data from an Advanced Chart

Hi Everyone.

Is there a way to export an advanced chart data in real time to excel or any other program?

I am aware of the export function under tool command , but this is not a real time function.

The only other way I found in the forums was using File Object method. (posted on 3/1/2003 and answered by Alexsis and Chris ).
    I tried to understand the code but it is beyond my knowledge.

Can anyone advice me either for another method or just simply expain how to write the data to a file in real time so i can read it with another program.
    Thanks

Noam

Noam,

The EFS Help Center contains documentation on handling files and how to write data to them. From the first page of the Help Center, click on "EFS Function Reference", and then "File I/O".
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

I'd also refer to your other post on the 7.xx thread for addt'l information.

Thanks.

Comment

Noam.....

Just used this ...

Right-Click on any chart,
        then click on Tools,
        then click on Data Export.

Now, you will see the DATA EXPORT window. At the top, you'll see a bunch of "true" checkboxes. Un-check all the fields that you don't want to send over to Excel (like "BAR").

Then, click on SAVE AS CSV and give it a name.

This CSV file will load into EXCEL (you must select ALL FILES when opening the file) and you will be ready to go..

If you have any questions, call me.

Brad
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
        X