Turning off plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning off plots

I have a front end script that returns a value of 1 or -1 to be used with the efsexternal command. When I load the script in a chart it trys to plot the value of vReturn. I don't want it to do this. I want nothing plotted. Can I somehow get it not to plot this value but still output it to the calling script?

Geoff
    The called script must be returning a value from main for efsExternal() to be able to retrieve it.
    The solution you may want to implement is to add the logic of the called script to your efs as a separate function and then use efsInternal() to call that function.
    Alex

Comment

Thanks.

I think I will leave it the way it is. Its more modular. It just looks funny. As long as its not hurting anything I'll be straight.

Comment

Geoff
        Just to clarify, you don't need to actually run the called efs on a chart to be able to retrieve its values using efsExternal(). The efsExternal() function runs that script in memory as if you had applied it to a chart.
        Alex

Comment

Ok thats what I thought..

I just had it loaded to make sure it was doing what it was intended to. I was just concerned at first because I thought I had coded something incorrectly.

Comment

Working...
          X