Inconsistant Study Patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsistant Study Patterns

Each time I restart my eSig console I get different patterns for the same chart. The attached file contains a side-by-side snapshot of one of my charts taken at different times. I simply positioned the cursor at 10:33, took a snapshot of my screen (left chart), shutdown eSig, restarted eSig, repositioned cursor at 10:33, then took a snapshot of the same screen (right chart). Note the minor variations in the price chart, MACD, and Stochastic, and major difference in xForce (bottom indicator).

What's going on? The chart changes every time I restart esig. I would expect consistant patterns across esig sessions. This appears to be a major bug. PLEASE HELP!
    Attached Files

It is pretty simple...

Just by looking at your two charts I can tell you are using two different time-frames.

1. The Candles don't match up.
    2. The times don't match up (one chart reads 10:33:02 and the other does not).

My guess it that you are running your efs on two different time-frame charts. This would cause the results to differ...

Brad
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Thank you for making both of those points. I forgot to mention them in my first post. What you are seeing is a snapshot of the same chart (600 tic on ES M3).

One would expect everthing to be exactly the same, however, every time I start esig, I get a slightly different price chart, which causes different indicator results. I suspect it has something to do with time templates and how esig starts counting/grouping tics into candle bars.

Thanks for responding.
      K.

Comment

kcramer,

How much data is being loaded into the chart with the Time Template, and what are the Start/End times in your template? Is this in "Dynamic" mode, or is it loading a specified amount of data (ie. 10 Days)?
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

I'm using the 1 Day Time Template in Dynamic mode. Should I be using a longer time frame and/or specifying session start/end times to ensure the same amount of data is always retrieved?

Comment

Suggestion...

Create (or modify you existing) time template and enter 5 DAYS in the field for days and enter a start time about 1 hour from the beginning of the trading session and an end time about 1 hour after the end of the trading session.

This should align the chart perfectly.

Brad
            Brad Matheny
            eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
            X