Candles reverse color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candles reverse color

I've been using eSignal for about 4 months. First version 7 and have been on 8 since it became available.

Today I have begun to see a problem where as candles are forming (1 min chart) their color's are opposite of what they should be; red for up and green for down. Once the candle is complete and the new candle begins, the previous candles have the correct colors; green up and red down.

I'm using Traders International indicators, Volume and Pivots on the chart. When I remove all indicators the problem goes away. When I add the TI indicators the problem re-appears.

I've been using these TI indicators all along and only today has this "bug" appeared.

I have a friend who encountered the same thing when moving from ver 7 to 8. But at the same time he had begun using EFS scripts (efs wizard, formula output window, etc).

Low and behold I began using efs tools last night too. And now today I'm seeing the problem.

Is it possible for an efs script to (erroneously) modify the candle behavior described above? I've looked through the efs reference and I don't see any way this could be accomplished.

Has anyone seen this reverse candle bug? It's very annoying. Any help appreciated.

Here's a screen shot.

Top chart no indicators; correct candle color:red.
    Bottom chart with TI indicators loaded; incorrect candle color: green.
    Last edited by michaelmakuch; 09-13-2006, 09:44 AM.

Hello michaelmakuch,

Thanks for adding the chart image, that was very helpful. From that image I can see that you have turned on the global compute on close setting in Tools-->EFS-->Settings. Uncheck the "Make all formulas compute on close" option and the current bar will be properly colored. The TI formulas require that compute on close is not used.

Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

That did it, but why?

Thanks that does it.

But why?

Why do the TI indicators have anything to do with the candles?
      Last edited by michaelmakuch; 09-13-2006, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Hello michaelmakuch,

The code for the TI indicators controls the coloring of the price bars. It overrides the chart defaults. The code logic requires that the formula is processing on a trade-by-trade basis. The global set compute on close option prevents the code from evaluating the current bar until it closes so it can't properly color it until it becomes bar -1.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X