How can I view html-formatted text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I view html-formatted text?

I would like to format some data with xml and html and output it to a window. This can't be done with the Formula Output Window and that window is used mostly for debugging.

Why can't we access the javascript window variable from EFS2 scripts? It would make life a lot easier to do output to that window using the window.document.writeln( ) method.

If this is not doable now, are there any plans for providing a similar mechanism in the near future? At least the formula output window should be able to accept formatting capabilities such as html tags or something to make it more readable.

Re: Is there any way to open a browser window from efs2?

Hello crazytiger,

Originally posted by crazytiger
    I would like to format some data with xml and html and output it to a window. This can't be done with the Formula Output Window and that window is used mostly for debugging.
    You could use the File Object and write your data with XML/HTML custom formatting to a text file.

Why can't we access the javascript window variable from EFS2 scripts? It would make life a lot easier to do output to that window using the window.document.writeln( ) method.
    The window object is a browser extension to the JavaScript language. It is only available to browser applications like our EFS extensions are only available to the eSignal application. To learn more about the core functionality of JavaScript, please see the Core JavaScript references in the EFS KB.

If this is not doable now, are there any plans for providing a similar mechanism in the near future? At least the formula output window should be able to accept formatting capabilities such as html tags or something to make it more readable.
    I believe the solution you're looking for is the File Object.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

How can I view html-formatted text?

What I would like to do is view html-formatted text in a browser format (I don't want to see the raw text with tags just printed out). I am sure the formula output window does not understand html tags.

Is there any way to open a browser window and load a html page into it from an efs script, or even better, populate the opened browser window with html-formatted text from a string?

The formula output window is way too inadequate for what I would like to do and it prints everything out to the top of the window which is very annoying for what I would like to do.

I know a browser window could be opened through a windows DLL. I just haven't figured out how to do this through the efs DLL object. Can anyone help me please? Someone must have had a similar request before.

Comment

Working...
      X