Syntax Question for EFS2 Builtin Studies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syntax Question for EFS2 Builtin Studies

Is this syntax correct for specifying an external symbol and interval, I'm not getting a syntax error but not expecting the values I am expecting and not sure of the cause yet?

PHP Code:
     vOSCint1 osc(5,20,false,(sym("ab #f,5")));
    vSTDint1 stochD(14,3,3,(sym("ab #f,5")));
    vADXint1 adx(14,14,(sym("ab #f,5")));
    vMCDint1 macd(12,26,9,(sym("ab #f,5"))); 
    Would it be also be possible to specify getInterval() in place of the interval parameter in order to test the strategy in another interval without changing the EFS:

PHP Code:
      vOSCint1 osc(5,20,false,(sym("ab #f,getInterval()"))); 
    Thanks very much..
    Last edited by demarcog; 09-26-2006, 01:42 PM.
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

demarcog
    You need to remove the parenthesis before and after the sym(...) parameter ie.
    PHP Code:
    vOSCint1 osc(5,20,false,sym("ab #f,5"));//can also use 1 or 0 in place of true or false
    vSTDint1 stochD(14,3,3,sym("ab #f,5"));
    vADXint1 adx(14,14,sym("ab #f,5"));
    vMCDint1 macd(12,26,9,sym("ab #f,5")); 
    It is possible to use the getInterval() function but it needs to be written in a different way for that to work.
    PHP Code:
    vOSCint1 osc(5,20,false,sym("ab #f,"+getInterval())); 
    Note though that the getInterval() function returns the chart's interval so it is redundant in this case and you could just use
    PHP Code:
    vOSCint1 osc(5,20,false,sym("ab #f")); 
    as that already implies that the study will run on an external symbol but on the same interval.
    You may want to read through this post which contains various examples of the syntax required by the efs2 functions
    Alex

Comment

Alex,

Thanks very much for your help. I apologize for having to ask this and other questions as I'm not a programmer and struggling with my EFS development process.

The examples you provided in the link are very helpful unbeleivably powerful facility your've put together there.

The link followed from there http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=12924 where you explain how to design indicators and modularize studies/strategies is a masterpiece.

I spend alot of time studying anything you authored knowing I will come upon something that will greatly improve the profitability of my current systems eventually.

Came upon late last night and very interested the Blau work you've done, beautiful work. I need to get that book a bit expensive but perhaps more expensive not having it!!

Unfortunately turning many of these leading edge indicators into systems that can be backtested is beyond my current programming ability.

If you can offer any examples or suggestions I would appreciate it very much.

thanks again

glen
      Last edited by demarcog; 09-27-2006, 08:07 AM.
      Glen Demarco
      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X