Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bar date series function change

Hi,

I have written 2 trading programs that currently have 100+ subscribers. I have built in a monthly license that effectively uses a series function to check the current month , once the month is up the software stops functioning and returns a simple text routine that staes the software is out of date.

This has been working very succesfully for the last 18 months or so. However this weekend at the date change from September to October, my software stopped functioning. It appears that the series function for capturing the bar month (used to compare against the licensed month) has had changes introduced. This has resulted in several subscribers to my software asking what has happened. not good. I produced a fix, but this morning, the futures display the same error, but stocks do not. I have also noticed that certain futures are suddenly fine ES #F but the YM #F is not.

Could this be due to the month end not having completed, and because I have subscribers accessing eSignal here in the UK probably while the month end processing is still ongoing.

Let me know and thanks

Any ideas.

Hello tj.dale,

In order to troubleshoot this we need to be able to test the actual code. I'm not currently aware of any code changes for EFS that would effect the behavior of the built-in time and date functions. If you would post the code routine you're using to validate the month's end I would be happy to investigate further.

Is this problem still occurring for any of your subscribers today?
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Apologies for the delay in responding to this. I ahve sorted this, it appears there was a month end glitch that lasted 24 hours. I have updated my code to use the latest calls, and everything appears to be OK currently.

Many thanks for your reply.

Comment

You're most welcome. Thank you for the update.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X