Exchange Crash Dection EFS - need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Crash Dection EFS - need help

I need to write a script that will txtmsg me/email me when the CBOT goes down like it did today. This is imperative if im going to leave my auto trader running while im doing errands. The problem is that the esig scripts only run upon new ticks coming in.

Bt if the exchange is down there will be no ticks and the script will not run and if its not running how can i have an algorthim checking for the cbot being down and sending me an alert?? hehe

Any ideas or does this script already exist in one of you guys file shares? Mucho gracias!!

Geoff

I would write something every bar (or every 232 seconds) to a file. Then have an external program read when the file is modified and alert you if it is not updated as expected.

Comment

I got something worked out I have another little issue. I'm using the e-mail alert to send myself a message. Is there a way I can send to two addresses at once? There is only one field in the alert setup. I'd like to send a text message via email to my phone as well as a regular email. I tried entering addresses in with commas but that crashed the alert system. Ie:

[email protected],[email protected]

G

Comment

Set up a rule in your regular email to recognize the alert and have your email forward it to your phone.

Comment

Yea I thought about that then figured that'd just be one more program I'd need open and running.

Hmm I may be able to stick a forward file on the actual mail server and skip a hop that way.

Comment

Working...
          X