Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible temporary fix for Renko Drift Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible temporary fix for Renko Drift Problem.

I realize that the Renko drift problem has not been resolved by development, any idea when they may get to fixing it?

The reason I ask is that has become a major obstacle for me right now and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to a temporary resolution. In realtime after a very short time period the indicator values are plotted incorrectly and I can't figure how the values are being calculated.

Stevehare2003 posted the following code in an earlier post http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...&threadid=3575

I made a simple change use the rawtime() function instead of getValue() for detecting a change in rawtime().

I would like to have the efs load as frequently as necessary to prevent the drift problem, after the completion of every bar would be the maximum amount of time between reloads and if possible maybe after a specified number of seconds every 30-60 seconds perhaps.

When I changed his code to add in getCurrentBarIndex ==0
    to the
    PHP Code:
     if(rawtime(0) != rawtime(-1) || BARSTATE_NEWBAR && getCurrentBarIndex ==0
    it hung up my esignal and had to restart so I'm obviously not the best person to code this up..

here is the code with the minor changes.

PHP Code:

function main() { 

var 
    BarState getBarState();

var 
    nIndex getCurrentBarIndex(); //debugPrintln("nIndex = " +nIndex); 

if (nIndex < -100){return;}

if (
    rawtime(0) != rawtime(-1) || BarState == BARSTATE_NEWBAR) { //I know, overkill, but I check them both 

barcount +=1;

nArray.unshift(close());

if (
    barcount 25){nArray.pop();}//debugPrintln("bar = "+barcount+ "nArray[20] = " +nArray[20]+" close(-20) = "+close(-20));

if (nIndex >= && close(-20) != nArray[20]){ debugPrintln("reloading R3 EFS"); reloadEFS();}

// Rest of code here

If anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated.
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Hello demarcog,

We do not have a specific version number or time frame for the Renko drift fix. All I can tell you at this point is that it is a known bug. If you haven't already, I would suggest that you send a request for this to be fixed directly to development at [email protected].

I do not recommend using reloadEFS() as a work-around to this problem because of the potential for endless looping (which you may be experiencing) as well as the level of inefficiency it adds to the processing requirements. Even if coded properly, it's not an acceptable solution for this problem.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason, I sent an email to development, and actually received a repsonse. I don't think it proper to quote the entire email response here. But don't think they would mind my relaying a summary of their response.

Essentially they are very much aware and working on finding a solution.

However there are some bar indexing issues unique to Renko Charts and sounds like there is a whole lot of working code that would have to be changed in order to fix the drift problem, possibly introducing exposures elsewhere.

Bottom line was it willl probably be fixed eventually, but doesn't sound like anytime soon.
      Glen Demarco
      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X