Previous 2EMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous 2EMA

I can get a 2EMA (vMinorEMA) to plot and work with withj no problem, but when I try to grab the PREVIOUS value of 2EMA (vMinorEMAPREV1), I get null

Why?

nPriceSource = "O"; // nPriceSource == "C" || nPriceSource == "O" || nPriceSource == "H" || nPriceSource == "L")
    nType = "MAStudy.EXPONENTIAL"; // nType == "MAStudy.EXPONENTIAL" || nType == "MAStudy.SIMPLE" || nType == "MAStudy.WEIGHTED" || nType == "MAStudy.VOLUMEWEIGHTED"
    MINOREMAstudy = new MAStudy(2, 0, nPriceSource, eval(nType));

vMinorEMA = MINOREMAstudy.getValue(MAStudy.MA);
    vMinorEMAPREV1 = MINOREMAstudy.getValue(-1);

alexmihh
    That is happening because you are using an efs2 method to retrieve the value of an efs1 function.
    The correct syntax is vMinorEMAPREV1 = MINOREMAstudy.getValue(MAStudy.MA,-1);
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      alexmihh
      That is happening because you are using an efs2 method to retrieve the value of an efs1 function.
      The correct syntax is vMinorEMAPREV1 = MINOREMAstudy.getValue(MAStudy.MA,-1);
      Alex
      OK Thanks. I was able to come up with an alternative method of storing the value of EMA2 as a seperate value before the next value of EMA2 was caluculated.

How does one know when one is dealing with efs1 or efs2? How could I have figured this out on my own?

Comment

alexmihh
        You can find the complete list of the efs2 functions for the built-in studies in this article of the EFS KnowledgeBase.
        Also whenever you see the "new" keyword as in var myStudy = new MAStudy(....) you are dealing with an efs1 function.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X