Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Candlestick Indicator.efs

Hello all,

There is a study that has been posted on these boards called Candlestick Indicator.efs.

Basically, it allows you to plot a second symbol in the bottom pane of a chart in candlestick form.

For those who are familiar with that study, is there anyway to change the colors of the Candlestick Indicator?

Right now, it is Green = Up, and Red = Down.

I would like to color it so that Hollow Green = Up, and Solid Green = Down.

If anyone has any familiarity with this indicator, I would very much appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Helllo sprtrader,

EFS does not have the ability to draw hollow candles in the same way they appear in the candlestick chart type. At any rate, to change the colors the formula is currently using, open it in the EFS Editor (Tools-->EFS-->Editor) and look for instances of the Color object (i.e. Color.red etc.). You can change these to any of the colors outlined here.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi JasonK,

Thanks for the tip. That helps a little.

Do you know of anyway to change the "thickness" of the candles? Or the spacing between the candles? My candles in the Candlestick Indicator seem to "bunch up" and overlap together.

Also, would you consider adding the ability in EFS to draw hollow candles? That would really help.

Thanks again.
      Last edited by sprtrader; 10-27-2006, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Hello sprtrader,

The study you're referring to colors the background of the bar to create the candlestick appearance, which doesn't leave any blank space between the bars. There isn't anything that can be done to set the thickness of that particular feature. You could instead use the drawLineRelative() function to draw two lines, which have a thickness setting that should allow you to accomplish what you want. Except for the hollow appearance. See the eSignal_HeikinAshi.efs for an example of how to code this.

To have our development team consider adding a feature for hollow candlesticks through EFS, please submit your request directly to [email protected].
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks for the tip.

Hi JasonK, thanks for the advice. I will try that out. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X