Alert playSound = thud "dud" problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alert playSound = thud "dud" problem

IN lines 40-41 attached script, I attempt to add an audio alert for a standard remaining time bar script, to alert me 60 seconds before bar expires. It works partially, in that I get a "sound" (the system error "dud" sound) at the right time. But, I do not get the correct sound effect specified like "Warning.wav" etc. I have tried several different EFS sounds laike "Train, etc." but I still just get the same "dud" error sound. I tried to follow the EFS Function Reference Library page example for correct case sensitivity and even copied its example letter for letter, but no joy. Still get the "dud".
    Can you help me get the selected sound effect? The rest of the script works fine. Somehow I just can't seem to name the .wav file correctly.

Thx,

Tilmon
    Attached Files

Re: Alert playSound = thud "dud" problem

I am not an expert but in all my alerts I only write

Alert.playsound("Hoot1.wav")

try that and see if that helps

Originally posted by tilmon
    IN lines 40-41 attached script, I attempt to add an audio alert for a standard remaining time bar script, to alert me 60 seconds before bar expires. It works partially, in that I get a "sound" (the system error "dud" sound) at the right time. But, I do not get the correct sound effect specified like "Warning.wav" etc. I have tried several different EFS sounds laike "Train, etc." but I still just get the same "dud" error sound. I tried to follow the EFS Function Reference Library page example for correct case sensitivity and even copied its example letter for letter, but no joy. Still get the "dud".
    Can you help me get the selected sound effect? The rest of the script works fine. Somehow I just can't seem to name the .wav file correctly.

Thx,

Tilmon

Comment

tilmon
      As richbois already suggested you only need to include the file name ie "hoot.wav" as the parameter because the path is already defined in the Sound Files Root of the EFS Settings (see Tools-> EFS-> Settings).
      If you wish to use sound files that are contained in a different folder then you will need to define that folder in the EFS Settings dialog box
      Alex

Comment

alert reply, thx.

Alexis,
        Thx to both of you who replied. The short form "Hoot1.wav". works fine.Problem solved. I guess where I went astray was in salvishly copying the example printed in EFS2 Function Reference Guide, for Alert.playsounds.
        Perhaps you could save future generations the same mistake, by adding an edit to that manual page with a second example showing a "short form" of the xxx.wav usage.
        Frankly, the long form, as printed in the manual is what went thud.

Problem solved, no further reply needeed,

many thx,

Tilmon

Comment

Working...
        X