Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting null object series

Hi,

I'm getting null in the printout of the nSMA object series. Both RSI.efs and WAverage.efs are written by myself.

Not sure why the null object series from the debugPrintln.

William

PHP Code:
    function main() {

var 
    xRSI efsExternal("RSI.efs""OC/2"7);

//return (xRSI.getValue(0));

var nSMA efsExternal("WAverage.efs"xRSI1);
            if (
    nSMA == null) return;

debugPrintln(getCurrentBarCount(), nSMA.getValue(0)); 

William
    You may want to check if the external scripts ie RSI.efs and WAverage.efs are returning values when run on their own using the same parameters
    Beyond this without seeing those scripts it is not possible to determine what could be causing the issue you are having and provide specific guidance. Post the complete scripts and someone will be available to assist you
    Alex

Comment

Thanks, Alex.

You're right on the nose. The external scripts did not return values because the parameter values were not entered from the plot (using Edit Studies). I don't know why, eventhough I assign the values in the efsExternal call as shown, I still need to reasign them from the chart through Edit Studies.

William

Comment

William

I don't know why, eventhough I assign the values in the efsExternal call as shown, I still need to reasign them from the chart through Edit Studies.
        As I indicated in my previous reply without seeing the scripts that are being called it is not possible to determine what could be the cause or provide any specific guidance.
        Post the scripts and I or someone else will give them a look.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X