This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello ziggy,

What I'm trying to say is that I don't think the problem you're experiencing is related to any specific EFS code logic in your formula. You're the only person that I'm aware of that is experiencing this problem. I think the source of the problem is most likely related to some other issue on the particular machine you are using.

The first thing you need to do that will give us a better idea of whether or not the cause is related to your specific EFS code is to test the formula on the other machine you said that was running tick replay properly. If the formula works properly on that machine, then the problem is not related to your EFS code.

If the problem does occur on both machines, the second test you need to perform is to test some other back testing formulas on both machines. You can use the Back Testing formulas from our EFS Library, which I know work properly. Try any of the btDonchian*.efs examples for starters. If these work properly on both of your machines, then you will need to post your formula so that we may begin an investigation of what could be causing this issue in your code.

In general, there isn't anything in EFS that is currently known to produce the problem you are describing.

Please perform the two tests above and report your findings.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason,

I finally gotten around to test the efs script on the PC with 7.91 (Build 738) installed. And I did not have the problem I described as I am still having on the PC with 8.0 installed.

I am going to roll back to that 7.91 build on the other PC (unless you think there will be EFS2 specific issues with 7.91-738??)

Conceptually, is there any way that could cuase the problem I was descibing purely from logic in the code? I mean what logic could prompt the code to reload itself yet not from scratch as all the counters (number of trades etc) are simply been incremented - these counters are global variables - this phenomena appears to be caused by an explicit reload efs command which certainly does not exist in my code. If you could think of anything that might enlighten me of any possible causes in my logic, please let me know.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

ziggy

Comment

Hi Jason,

I searched on my PC and the only pre-8.0 installation file I have is eSignal_791r4 - is this the file for build 738?

If not, or if there is a later 7.91 build install file, would you provide a link please?

Thank you.

ziggy

Comment

Hello ziggy,

Happy New Year to you as well.

Originally posted by z11
          Hi Jason,

I finally gotten around to test the efs script on the PC with 7.91 (Build 738) installed. And I did not have the problem I described as I am still having on the PC with 8.0 installed.
          This confirms test 1 that I described in my prior reply. If this strange reload issue was caused by something specific in the EFS code you should have experienced the problem on the 7.9.1 machine. This test tells me it's not an EFS code issue.

I am going to roll back to that 7.91 build on the other PC (unless you think there will be EFS2 specific issues with 7.91-738??)
          Don't downgrade to 7.9.1 just yet.

Did you perform test 2 that I described in my prior reply regarding the other back testing formulas? If not, please do that first and report your findings before we do anything else.

Conceptually, is there any way that could cuase the problem I was descibing purely from logic in the code? I mean what logic could prompt the code to reload itself yet not from scratch as all the counters (number of trades etc) are simply been incremented - these counters are global variables - this phenomena appears to be caused by an explicit reload efs command which certainly does not exist in my code. If you could think of anything that might enlighten me of any possible causes in my logic, please let me know.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

ziggy
          As I've already stated I don't think the source of this issue is related to any specific EFS code. You're next step is to perform test 2.
          Jason K.
          Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
          EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason,

Ok, after a couple of tests, and then upgrading another PC to 8.0r2, I can replay tick data and the problem with "reloading" did not appear....the only difference now is the one PC I am experiencing all these problems is a DualCore processor, the other 2 (one with 7.91 and one with 8.0r2) are single processor....so there, is it possible that eSig has problem with dual core??

Anyone outthere could also prove this?

Thanks,

ziggy

Comment

Hi Ziggy:

I have a very new Intel Dual-Core running eSignal 8.0 and tick download and replay work perfectly.

Chris

Comment

ziggy
                I too have an Intel dual core processor on one of my computers and Tick Replay is running without problems (eSignal version 8.0 build 782)
                Alex

Comment

Gentlemen,
                  Thank you for the feed back .. (at least I am not going to throw the new DualCore into oblivion...)

But what could cause it? particularly I did a complete re-install of 8.0r2 into a different partition on the harddrive?

Conceptually, is there any way in EFS would cause the "reloading" effect in both real time and backtest? I mean what do I need to do even to explicitly cause that? without using reload function?

Still puzzled...

ziggy

Comment

Hello Ziggy,

Originally posted by z11
                    Gentlemen,
                    Thank you for the feed back .. (at least I am not going to throw the new DualCore into oblivion...)

But what could cause it? particularly I did a complete re-install of 8.0r2 into a different partition on the harddrive?

Conceptually, is there any way in EFS would cause the "reloading" effect in both real time and backtest? I mean what do I need to do even to explicitly cause that? without using reload function?

Still puzzled...

ziggy
                    All evidence that you've posted here suggests that this problem is a specific conflict with the particular PC and not EFS related. There is no known combination of EFS code that would cause this reloading effect. If it were an EFS code issue you would be experiencing the same problem on all three PCs. At this point, the only option I can suggest to you is to contact technical support directly and see if they can do some advanced trouble shooting on the problematic PC to make sure it's not an installation problem or something of that nature.
                    Jason K.
                    Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                    EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

I have got bad news to report:
                      I happened to be using the PC with 7.91 installed on it last night and testing my EFS and low'n behold, the reloading problem happened consistently across symbols and some time frames.... there was no obvious pattern of which symbol with which time frame loaded in the chart ... (replay tick worked fine though.)

ziggy

Comment

Hello Ziggy,

You mentioned earlier in this thread that everything was working fine with 8.0. Please upgrade to this version. If the problem resurfaces with 8.0 please post the formula code or an example formula that consistently reproduces the issue.
                        Jason K.
                        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
                        X