Vwap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vwap

I will like to install this efs for the VWAP onto the chart, and later on export onto EXCEL via DDE link.
    The author of this page: http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...highlight=vwap

has already written the efs but I don't know how to install the efs. As I tried to install it error message pops up. Can somebody show me how this is done?

thanks
    LK

LK
    What error message are you getting?
    Alex

Comment

vwap

Hi AM, I download amvwap2.efs and put it under formula of my esignal. Then when I open it under formula, I have a white box pop up this:

"amvwap2.efs, line 46: Formula file not found: amstudies.efslib"
      along with another window (grey) in color asking me to put in the value/default (930) and show paramter (false or not check).

Please bear with me as I have little knowledge in programming, and I want to thank you for posting your work to share with everyone else.
      LK

Comment

LK
        That error message indicates that you do not have the amStudies.efsLib library file which is required to run the VWAP efs.
        Click here and download the file amStudies.efsLib to the FunctionLibrary folder which is in the eSignal directory. Once you have downloaded that file Reload the efs and you should no longer get the error.
        For more information on the amStudies function library see also this post (and the updates that are posted throught that same thread).
        Alex

Comment

thanks AM,
          I did not download it to the FunctionLibrary folder but just put it under formula and I guess that is why it didn't work.
          Now it is working fine. Thanks.

Is there any other way that I can alter the color of the VWAP line. Just curious and thank you for your help a lot. Also, should I check the "false" box or not.

best,
          Lawrence K.
          Last edited by INFINIUM03; 12-21-2006, 01:07 PM.
          LK

Comment

It's working fine now. I didn't put the file under function library and I guess that is the primary reason.

Couple questions, VWAP is the volume-weighted average price. But it does not look very right as 90% of my candles on my charts are under the VWAP line, which is counter intuitive to the math.

Should I check the false box or leave it blank? any ways I can change the color of the line?
            Last edited by INFINIUM03; 12-21-2006, 01:21 PM.
            LK

Comment

Lawrence
              The true/false parameter is used only to display/hide the parameters in the study title
              You can change the color of the line through Edit Studies (see enclosed image).
              Alex

Comment

thanks very much for clearing things up
                LK

Comment

Lawrence
                  You are most welcome
                  Alex

Comment

AM / Infinium03, Could you advise me how to get the VWAP via DDE link into EXCEL? Thank you

Comment

bgold
                      To do that you need to use the DDEOutput Object. For the syntax and example on how to use this function see this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase. You can also find more examples here in the forums by searching for the keyword DDE
                      If you run into specific programming issues post your code and someone will be available to assist you
                      Alex

Comment

Working...
                      X