Using an existing efs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using an existing efs?

I currently subscribe to a paid set of indicators (kwikpop). I would like to figure out how to reference one of the indicators values by calling the efs within another efs. I am not looking to get around the subscription, the efs does a subscription verification within it, so by calling on the efs I should be able to access the value it generates as long as I have a current valid subscription.

If I call the efs it should run the efs to generate the value for the indicator. I want to take that value and compare it to a 34 period Moving average (volume weighted) Ideally I should be able to change the period and the type of moving average. Once I have the 2 values I know how to write the rest of the efs. I am not sure how I would call the efs and then extract the value.

The value is called waterlevel and I have attached a copy of the efs. You cannot run the efs because the dll call at the beginning. But you can view its parameters.

Can I call the efs, extract the waterlevel value calculated, then compare it to a 34MA to plot a comparison of those 2 numbers? If so, how would I code it?

Thank you for your time

forgot to attach the efs

I forgot to attach the efs
    Attached Files

Comment

pcmd

Can I call the efs, extract the waterlevel value calculated, then compare it to a 34MA to plot a comparison of those 2 numbers? If so, how would I code it?
      You can do that using the efsExternal() function.
      In addition to the information provided at the link see also this thread which provides detailed examples on how to use the function
      Alex

Comment

Still a newbie!

I guess I am still too new. While that does help a little. I still do not understand how to pull the value from the existing efs.

I guess I am looking for a little more in depth help at coding this efs. While I have created a couple of basic study efs. I am very new to efs programming and do not have the knowledge to integrate the waterlevel value and then compare the 34MA study.

Maybe this is beyond the parameters of this forum, but I was hoping for some more detail for this code.

Comment

pcmd
          See the reply to your question in this thread.
          If you are unfamiliar with programming in efs and are interested in learning then I would suggest that you start by reviewing the JavaScript for EFS video series and the Core JavaScript Reference Guide. Those will provide you with a thorough introduction to programming in JavaScript which is at the foundation of EFS. Then go through the EFS KnowledgeBase and study the Help Guides and Tutorials which will provide you with the specifics of EFS.
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X