Difference between EFS studies and Advanced Chart Basic Studies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between EFS studies and Advanced Chart Basic Studies

I've noticed that the values returned from an EFS study say macdHist will be different to those you can get from adding a macd to an advanced chart. I'd like to make sure they are the same and what I see graphically is what the script is evaluating

jlewis10
    Which macdHist are you referring to? If you can provide the script or a link to its location someone will be able to explain the differences you are seeing. Often these differences are simply due to different settings of the MACD
    Alex

Comment

Hi, I'm using macdHist(8,17,9,inv("D") on $INDU and then using getValue(i) where i can be negative for historic values. I'm comparing against MACD study with same parameters (8,17,9, "Close"). On the adv chart you can't specify inv("D").. unfortunately I've not got a script sample with me now but I can explain it

Comment

jlewis10
        When comparing the two studies make sure that in the Basic Studies MACD you have unchecked the Simple Moving Average (Signal Line) option. This is because the efs2 MACD functions use only exponential averages.
        Alex

Comment

ok thanks Alexis, I'll try that this evening.

Comment

Working...
          X