X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xxxDraw Order

My problem is this:

script draws horizontal lines

have oscillators and averages in script that I want to appear on screen ON TOP of the straight lines...

I know there is a flag or something I can set that either forces the lines below or the averages and oscillator to the top but I can't get my head around it...

then I would like to mess around with the oscillator and its averages to see which works better on top, so I'd like to be able to order them as well.

all hints and tips, or even better some sample code, much appreciated!
    Last edited by mitboy; 02-02-2007, 09:24 AM.

Hello mitboy,

The order of the series in the return array determines the order on the chart. The last item in the array will be in the foreground. If you are using drawLineRelative() or drawLineAbsolute(), there currently isn't any z-order controls to move them to the background or foreground. They will appear on top of your plotted series and behind the price bars.

In the chart properties dialog, the "Draw Lines On Top of Price" applies only to manually drawn lines or lines drawn using addLineTool(). It does not affect lines drawn by the EFS drawLinexxx() functions.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason,
      but I am not happy with the answer!
      So drawLinexxx ALWAYS draws over a plotted series, and there is no way to change that?

Comment

Since your script is drawing horizontal lines, you could just add new return variables which are set to the line y value. Then the lines will plot along with the indicators.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X